The Advantages of Full Mouth Reconstruction
A full mouth reconstruction is a comprehensive approach to your dental care. It can involve replacing a whole set of your teeth along with your upper and lower jaws. The process not only gives you a great smile, but it improves your quality of life.
A number of issues can motivate you to undergo a full mouth reconstruction. Tooth decay can cause you to lose teeth. You may have an overbite or a crossbite. Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ) or jaw pain may keep you from sleeping at night. An accident may have chipped or damaged your tooth. Whatever the reason, you’re ready to improve your dental health.
Cosmetic dentistry in Houston, TX, has come a long way in a short time. Your dentist will examine your teeth and explain your options. The dentist will use models and wax-ups and get your input, so you get the best results. Periodontal therapy will treat your gum disease, stop any infection, and prevent any future damage. In the beginning, gum disease may cause swelling and bleeding. Untreated gum disease may cause the loss of bone and gum tissue. Your dentist may graft gum tissue or bone. Open mouth restoration can use dental implants to restore the function of your teeth and gums. Your dentist has several options. He or she can save your original tooth by performing a root canal and placing a crown on your tooth. Porcelain veneers can cover imperfections in your teeth. Your plan may call for full or partial dentures. Once you see the before and after pictures of your smile, you’ll know you made the right decision.
What are the benefits of full mouth restoration?
- Improved oral health: Poor dental health affects the look and function of your teeth and gums. Cracked or crooked teeth are hard to brush, and food gets trapped between gaps in your teeth. With a full mouth restoration, you’ll decrease the risk of oral infections that come with tooth loss or decay.
- Aesthetics: As you experience teeth and gum problems, your face shows signs of aging. The extraction of teeth can cause your gums and cheeks to sink in, and you develop cracks around your lips. Your teeth show signs of wear and tear. Advanced cosmetic dentistry restores a youthful appearance to your face to go with your improved smile.
- Dental structure: A full mouth restoration strengthens your gums and jaws. You can eat the foods you want. Your jaw function is improved, resulting in fewer headaches.
- Self-esteem: You’ll feel better about yourself. You won’t be reluctant to open your mouth or smile for fear someone will notice a chipped or missing tooth.
- Overall health: Poor dental health has been linked to increased chances of suffering from such conditions as Type II diabetes and heart disease.
You’ll notice significant changes when you chew and speak. You’ll flash a smile you never dreamed possible. Your face will look younger. You’ll see improvements in your personal and professional life. Contact Made Ya Smile and explore the possibilities.