Symptoms of Bruxism
Bruxism is a disorder caused from frequently grinding or clenching your teeth. In most cases, it is done unconsciously either by clenching your teeth during the day or grinding them at night. Individuals who have bruxism are also more likely to have other sleep disorders, including sleep apnea. Bruxism can also lead to jaw disorders, headaches, various forms of damaged teeth, mostly from grinding them down, and a host of other problems. Listed below are some signs of bruxism:
– Grinding or clenching your teeth loudly while you sleep could be a sign of bruxism.
– Teeth that are heavily worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– Tooth enamel that has been worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– An increase in tooth sensitivity could be a sign of bruxism.
– Jaw pain, face pain, and dull headaches could be signs of bruxism.
– Indentations on your tongue or damage to your inner cheek tissue caused by your teeth could be signs of bruxism.
– A locked jaw that cannot open or close completely could be a sign of bruxism.
Made Ya Smile Dental has a highly-qualified staff to help you fight bruxism. If you would like an appointment with our dentists to discuss treatment options, please contact a member of our team. Our office is located in Sugar Land, Texas. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!